Do you need financial assistance?
Do you know anyone whose life would change if he/she received a year’s worth of free rents?
REIC is very pleased to give families the opportunity to pay their rent for one year (up to a maximum of $7 000), enough to get one’s life back on track or to get the boost needed to go through those difficult moments in life.
Social assistance providers can benefit from this grant without affecting their services since we pay the rent directly to the landlord. So this is not income.
One year of accommodation paid free of charge to a family domiciled and residing in the province of Quebec, up to a maximum of $7,000.00 for the year. The rent will be paid directly to the owner of the building in question. A duly drafted lease will have to be signed by all parties.
The programme is open at all times. As soon as we have a certain number of registered families, we will meet with the families in order to do a selection.
- Decision-making authority shall be obtained by a majority of votes for internal processes of administration, assessment, analysis and all decision-taking, etc.;
- The Committee must always be made up of an odd number;
- Members of the Committee should neither have any conflict of interest, nor family or friendly connection with families;
- When a member of the Committee is absent, he or she shall be replaced by the acting member chosen by all the members of the committee and already provided for this purpose;
- The Committee will have to make a first selection with respect to the documents received and according to its assessment;
- In all cases where false declarations and/or erroneous statements by participating families are discovered, they will be automatically and systematically disqualified without the possibility of withdrawal, and without further notice or delay;
- In case the families do not provide all the mandatory documents, they will be automatically and systematically disqualified without further notice or delay;